Customers must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for Academic pricing. Nuance will determine eligibility at its sole discretion:
- A qualified individual who acquire the Products for their own personal use but not for further distribution or transfer and who have presented appropriate identification of current status as:
- Students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction
- Full or part time students enrolled at Higher & Further Education Establishments defined as accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study
- Full or part time faculty and staff employed by accredited Education Establishments
- Other qualified examples as listed by Nuance from time to time on its Internet website or in other written communication
"Educational Establishment" means:
- 1. Any accredited public or private primary, secondary or higher education school providing fulltime education. This includes nursery schools, primary schools, secondary schools, high schools, grammar schools, schools for special needs, teacher training colleges, technical colleges, further education colleges, research institutes, adult education centres and subsidised facilities for the re-training of the unemployed.
- 2. Administrative Offices or Boards of Education of Educational Establishments (for their own use).
- 3. Home schools and tutoring schemes approved in writing by Nuance in its sole discretion.
- 4. International School Communities
- 5. Government funded / owned schools located in the Territory.
- 6. Named educational entities approved by Nuance only if individual named entities are approved by Nuance in writing if not already listed by Nuance on its website.
- 7. Hospitals that are wholly owned and operated by an Educational Establishment. Wholly owned and operated means the Educational Establishment is sole owner of the hospital and only entity exercising control over day to day operations.
- 8. Education research laboratories that are a public establishment and recognised as such, teach students as part of their research mission, can provide copy of Bylaws that state the relationship with controlling university.
- 9. Educational Consortia, Councils and Systems: Corporations and associations validly organised and existing under the laws of the Territory, with each member or shareholder of which is an accredited school.
By purchasing a Nuance software product you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Nuance Student License software may only be purchased for personal and/or academic use on your personally owned computer only and may not be resold, transferred or distributed to another person.
- Nuance Student License software may not be purchased using institutional funds or installed on computers owned by the university.
- You may purchase only one copy of EACH version of the Student License software identified above within a 12 month period.
- Nuance Student License product does not contain a serial number/activation code. You will need to follow these steps in order to confirm your academic status, obtain your serial number and begin using the software:
- Go to: www.myidentit-e.com/nuance
- - You will be asked to provide a Unique ID Code (this 8 character code is printed on the validation card in the box) as proof of purchase and complete online form, confirming your details and your proof of academic status.
- You will be required to submit one or more of the following:
- A valid email address that is associated with your accredited education institution.
- A valid, current student / teacher photo ID card that includes name and date / registration card.
- Letter or Correspondence* from academic institution confirming EDU status. Confirmation must be on letterhead paper and signed by a lecturer / teacher if you are a student** or by colleague (including contact details) if you are a lecturer / teacher.
* Correspondance can be letter from school addressed to pupil at home address. ** Students under 18 are required to complete No 3 as form of validation.
- Once you have submitted your online form and proof, your application will be processed. Providing the proof is sufficient, the serial number will be released to you via email within 24 hours.
- If the form is incomplete or confirmation of academic status is not submitted, yourform will be held and your serial number will not be emailed. You will receive an email within 24 hours informing you of this.
Please note that it is your responsibility to check eligibility. Pugh cannot accept returns where Nuance have refused to issue an activation key if the product has been removed from it's cellophane wrapping.
All sales are final – no returns or changes on opened products except in the case of damaged and/or defective CD’s. Damaged and/or defective CD’s may be exchanged only.
The information contained within our eligibility pages are based on our understanding of the manufactures requirements and are for guidance only. With manufacturers regularly launching new products or changing the way products are licensed, eligibility requirements can change. The final decision on whether or not you qualify will rest with the manufacturer.
For assistance or clarification of eligibility requirements please call our Students Sales on 01974 200 218
We’re pleased to offer students, teaching staff and consumers discounted pricing for personal purchases. If you represent an education establishment, please visit our Education web site. If you represent a charity or voluntary organisation, please visit our Charity web site. All prices are inclusive of VAT unless indicated otherwise. Please note that no contract is formed for such personal purchases until you have placed an order and we have accepted it. Any orders we accept will be supplied on and subject to our terms & conditions of sale. E.&O.E.
Registered in England & Wales - Reg. No. 2665655 - Registered office as above. VAT Reg. No. GB 341 9298 40